Where do I purchase a dog license?
Oakland County dog licenses can be purchased at Walled Lake City Hall. All dogs over the age of four months require a license in Oakland County. In order to purchase an annual license, a valid rabies certificate, signed by an accredited veterinarian (Public Act 339 of 1919), must be presented. If this is the first time purchasing a license for your pet, make sure proof of spay/neuter is also present. Dogs are required to wear the license at all times. Cats do not require a license.
2018 Dog Licenses are available to purchase at City Hall from 8am - 4pm Monday through Friday. Please bring a copy of the current rabies vaccination record, along with cash or check payable to the City of Walled Lake.
What are the fee's for a dog license?
- If a dog was just recently adopted AFTER JUNE 1.
- Requires proof of adoption.
- If a dog is 4 months old AFTER JUNE 1 (Generally dogs cannot be vaccinated against rabies until at least 4 months old)
- Dog has to have been vaccinated after JUNE 1.
- Once dog is vaccinated, owners have 30 days to get a dog license otherwise they are then delinquent.
- Requires proof of age from vet.
- Just moved into Oakland county or Michigan
- Proof of lease agreement, Property transfer affidavit, etc.
This license is issued by the authority of the Oakland County Treasurer, license expires 12/31 of current year.